Sunday, January 26, 2014

"Shattered" Post 14

Summary: This game will have limited multiplayer connection, but will have a lengthy amount of main story and other game modes. This game will consist mainly of puzzles that help the player move farther ahead, with the occasional moment of physical combat action. It is definitely not entirely an action game, but more of a puzzle/strategy type game. It will make the player think, instead of mashing the “punch” button for two hours straight. This game would be a lovely addition to any action or puzzle-loving gamer collection.

I wanted to include some of the work from last weeks posts, to enforce my ideas into the blogs so my thoughts are out there, and not in some dark corner where they will be easily forgotten.
 My pitch from last week is still "official," and I will include it here as well: 
A Pitch for a “Son of Spy”:
This idea started as a plan to write a book, until I decided to come to my senses and follow through with something that I really wanted to do and was interested in. I then made the decision to turn around the plot of my to-be book and make a back story for a video game. Video games are my passion, and love playing, reading about, and watching their stories and mechanics. My plan for this game would be about a son who leads a near below-average life, until finding out that his dad is a spy for a secret government organization, which is when a opposing group strikes, killing the dad and leaving the kid/teenager to fight for himself. GAIA, the good organization shows up, and takes in the main character to help them in the fight between them and Lucifer, the main antagonist. Using the environment around them, a few athletic and fighting skills, multiple gadgets, and common sense, the player has to make their way around a 3D environment, using tactical decisions to avoid death or capture, direct teammates to carry out tasks, and solve environmental puzzles that will help them advance forward. There will not just be missions on foot, but also missions that involve hacking, stealth, vehicles, and one-on-one combat (boss fights!!!). Upgrades can be made to equipment during and after missions, as well as completing side quests that can be carried out at the player’s leisure. In-game tutorials will be available at the beginning of the game by default, but can be turned off at any time in the SETTINGS menu. Possible platforms for the game include: Nintendo 3DS, Xbox360, Xbox 1, PS4, Wii U. 

Future work will include the meticulous writing of every cutscene and level that could possibly be found in the game, as well as character bios, with added stats and abilities that were not included in my past character lists.

1 comment:

  1. I like your decision to make the game not entirely action-packed, but instead include puzzles and strategy aspects. I found action games, where I, as you put it, "[mash] the 'punch' button for two hours straight" boring. I always loved a challenge - something that made me think! So, I think your game idea will be good!

    I would love to see what one of the scenes of your story will look like. Have you started writing them yet?

    I look forward to your next post! Good job!

    ReplyDelete